Thursday, November 4, 2010

Technology

I liked the stations they did. I thought that they represented pretty well the types of things we might encounter in the schools. We will definitely have to deal with sharing limited amounts of technology in schools where there isn't a lot of money. I think that maybe there could have been a little bit more prompting over there but it was really good. The second station was a little bit more unrealistic cause I doubt that we will be allowed to go crazy and get whatever technologies we want. However, I think that it was a good exercise in getting us thinking about what kinds of technologies we could really use in our classrooms, how and why. It got me wishing I had all the money in the world because if I did I could do so much in my English classroom. The station with Mr. Peabody who hates technology was really fun. It was worthwhile to see how we would react to someone who hates technology. It was interesting to see that we would basically say, that's too bad and keep using the technology in our classroom.

Overall, I thought that the presentation was good. I liked that the focus wasn't on new technologies but rather on things that we will encounter in our classroom and how we might use them.

The only thing I might change would be to do the question and answer session at the end. I don't think that that activity really hooked us into the lesson. I was more interested once we started the stations. Other than that though, I thought the presentation was really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment