Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Waiting For Superman Blog Post by Wes Fryer

This blog pot only made me want to see the film more. I think that he made some interesting points but the only way for me to know if I feel the same way about the film would be to see it. I would love to see it. I think that I agree with a lot of his educational philosophy so I think I would probably agree with his assessment of the movie.

For example, I agree that we need to be able to easily get rid of bad teachers. That is one thing that the lack of funding in our schools should force us to do. It should force us to, instead of getting rid of newly hired teachers get rid of teachers who are clearly ineffective or unprofessional. Those teachers should go first. Unfortunately, that isn't how it always works. I also think that a greater teacher turnover would be good for young teachers like me with new ideas. It would mean that teachers would have to keep up the newest educational ideas not because they need to for their certification but because they need to stay current and useful and effective as educators. Then it becomes necessary to keep one's job and not just one's profession.

It also ensures that students will have a good teacher every year because we will be getting rid of the bad teachers and getting new, better ones.

I hope I have a chance to see the movie because I want to see the scene where they talk about filling kids up with knowledge as if they are a bucket. His description wasn't totally clear and I think I would understand better if I saw the film.

Overall, it was well written and made me intrigued by the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment