Thursday, October 28, 2010

Motivation

I really liked this presentation. They did a good job motivating the class to do what they wanted us to, which was a really great way to model what they were talking about. I also liked the idea of stations. It meant that each presenter could talk about what they looked at more specifically, the lass could do more activities and think in different ways. The scenarios were really well thought out. They involved things that we will encounter in a real classroom. It helped to think through ways to make things better as a group. I loved all the websites in the toolbox too. They are very fun and creative and great resources for different things I can do in the classroom. I thought that the rationale the rationale the presenters wrote about all of their stations was well written. I agreed with a lot of what they said.

I learned a lot from this presentation. I didn't realize until after the true false questionnaire how important movement was to keeping students involved and motivated. I began to suggest a lot more movement related activities in the scenarios. I liked that it was modeled in the presentation. The cards were also a really great motivator. It created excitement in the classroom because we got to check out our favorite characters. It would be an excellent way to break up students, get them excited or creatively think about a story or character.

I can't think of one thing that would have made the presentation better. It was fun, creative, and interactive as well as informative. The presenters did an amazing job coming up with resources and making us excited to participate.

No comments:

Post a Comment